Moscow mules have fast become one of my favorite cocktails, especially since I found some super inexpensive copper mugs at a garage sale! I like that they are a little beat up, and I love their funky over arched handles.
I think the other reason why I love Moscow Mules is that they are made with ginger beer (any excuse to drink something ginger flavored, really).
I’ve tried a ton of different ginger beers and ginger ales, and most of them out there are too sweet for me. Serious ginger lovers, you know what I’m talking about. I want a ginger kick! But Reed’s is pretty good, and it’s usually around 5-6 bucks for four 12 oz. bottles. I like the “extra ginger” flavor.
Side note: Reed’s makes a pretty tasty rootbeer called Virgil’s too!
But what if we add another layer of ginger flavor? Say in the form of Super Ginger Kombucha? YEAAAAAS!
Here we go, ginger-lovers. This one’s for you!
Step one: Grab your copper mugs (or a couple glasses) and fill about halfway with ice.
You want this baby nice and cold! Especially in the summer time.
Step Two: Pour in your vodka.
1 1/2 ounces will do ya in a shorter glass/copper mugs (or a double shot if it’s been a heck of a week!)
Step Three: Add your lime juice.
You need the juice of 1/2 a lime per drink.
Or a little more of one or the other, depending on your preference.
Step Five: Gently stir and garnish with lime slices.
And sip away! Happy Friday and Happy Hour @ Home day!
- 1/2 cup super ginger kombucha (or regular brewed kombucha)
- 1 bottle Reeds Ginger Ale
- 3 oz vodka
- limes (2-3)
- In a copper mug or glass tumbler, fill 1/2 way with ice. Pour 1 1/2 ounces of vodka per drink over the ice. Add the juice of 1/2 a lime to each cup.
- Add ginger kombucha and ginger beer in equal parts to fill the glass. Gently stir and garnish with lime slices.
- To make the ginger kombucha, see this link: http://www.picklejarstudios.com/super-ginger-kombucha/