Sometimes I need a spa day, like, now. Even a spa moment would be great (who ever has time to take a full spa day anyways?) I just need a moment that I can take in between doing the dishes and invoicing clients that helps me breathe in and breathe out. Like a little recalibration setting.
There are little things I can do to achieve this, and I don’t need a whole day or a chunk out of my bank account either.
One: I like to spray Rose Water on my face and neck. It’s a mood lifter! When I’m in a funk, I spritz and decide to rise above it. Spritz and it and move on, I like to say to myself.
Two: I use this lavender shower gel by Avalon Organics. Lavender has always been an instant source of calm for me.
Three: Smear on a little lip scrub. Lip scrub is so underrated! I love it because it keeps my pout looking young, but it also keeps that unsightly dead skin away from the corners of my mouth too. I usually prefer to DIY this type of thing. It’s cheap, easy, and quicker to make then a jaunt to the drug store or cosmetics counter. Simple to make, and works great.
You can have an at home spa moment, or at least a little attitude adjustment with this. Made with raspberry seed oil (which is a natural SPF) peppermint, and natural cane sugar for a 2 minute lip exfoliation treatment. Jojoba is also in this hardworking little scrub. Jojoba Oil is ideal for healthily hydrating skin and hair because it mimics the natural oils our bodies produce. It’s a perfect prelude to my Rose Salve DIY lip balm.
Make this, give it to some one you like (the recipe makes 3 little containers) and just. take. a breath.
- 2 tablespoons Jojoba oil (I got mine at Trader Joe’s, but you can find it at natural food and beauty stores)
- 2 tablespoons Grapeseed oil (you can find it at your local grocery store, usually)
- 3 droppers full of red raspberry seed leaf oil/extract (from a local natural co-op or grocer)
- 1/2 cup (maybe more) Evaporated cane juice
- 2 capfulls peppermint extract
- 3-2oz small jars
- Mix all the ingredients together and divide between the jars. If the peppermint scent is not strong enough for you, add another 1/2 capful at a time.
- To use the scrub: on your lips take a fingerful (or maybe just a dab) and spread all over your lips in a circular motion. Wipe clean with a warm damp cloth. Follow with lip balm or salve.