I love room sprays, but I don’t love it when they smell too perfume-like and fake. This room spray is fresh, clean, and centering.
Orange essential oil has antidepressant, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, and antiseptic properties (which is why I love this spray for the bathroom as well!) and cedar essential oil is also antiseptic. Both scents are calming and centering (See resources for more information on essential oils).*
For this blend, I also included sandalwood, because Joel and I both like it. Except I accidentally bought the sandalwood that is blended with a carrier oil already. Oh well, it’s nice for smearing on as a little hand or neck perfume. I added extra of it in this blend, so adjust that if you have full strength sandalwood essential oil.
This is a great blend that is not too floral and just earthy enough that it really works for the end of summer and fall time of year. If you want to make this even more fall-tastic, add 10 drops of cinnamon essential oil. I just ordered some.
- 8 ounces distilled or filtered water
- 40 drops sandalwood essential oil (blended with carrier oil or 15 drops if pure)
- 30 drops cedar essential oil
- 30 drops sweet orange essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients in a small glass spray bottle.
- Shake well to combine and shake before each use.
- Spray into the air throughout the room.
Another recipe using essential oils, Rose Lip Balm.
And one more for a Sugar Lip Scrub.
The blue spray bottle is from Target, the Threshold brand. It should be in their garden area, or here online.
Here’s where I ordered my cinnamon oil from: https://www.pureformulas.com/