I love this time of year. Fall means starting over with a new set of freshly sharpened pencils. It is finding new friends and connecting with old ones. It is cooler weather (my favorite) and cozy nights at home. Back to school shopping is something I always look forward to and I think I do it now even as an adult with no kids. I just want to have that fresh start, and intentionally say to myself, “these are the things I want to do this year, these are the things I want to be this year.”
I took a look around at some key items I felt I was missing. These are things, but also recipes to try, methods to master, and concepts to learn. Here’s what’s on my “adult back to school list”:
1. Lodge Combo Cooker. I want to make Tartine Bread!
2. Fremont bridge cuff bracelet.
3. Experiment with gouache paints.
4. The ultimate modern pitcher.
5. The perfect rain boots for the pumpkin patch.
6. Love this blue and white plaid shirt. I don’t care if it is a men’s, I’d still wear it.
7. I saw a girl walking down the street with almost this skirt. I did a double take.
8. Gotta have the perfect bag.
9. Oh this book. The cover alone.
10. This is going to be my mantra for the year.
And that’s not all…
I want to make this apple tart.
This broccoli dish from Nigel Slater.
Make a cinnamon loaf that is swirled like this.
Work on growing my hair out to be this.
Learn more about food photography, lighting, being creative and managing my time from skillshare (I love learning!)
Fall brings so many welcome changes. Be the person you want to be, and do it with intention.